When we are recruiting we are often asked what we are looking for in someone that is interested in working for us. The following are some of the key characteristics that are important to us and support the way that we work as a team:
- The confidence to try new things and be able to understand and admit your limits, ask questions, request feedback and ask for help at the right time.
- We understand that positive emotions open parts of the brain that drive empathy, innovation and the passion required to overcome difficulties and learn new skills. We enjoy each other’s company and encourage a happy and inclusive working environment.
- Being able to communicate both encouragement and doubts using an approach and language that is constructive and achieves the best outcomes for everyone.
- Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and we strive to do the best that we can for our own personal development and for our clients.
- Willingness to support others in the team by coaching and mentoring, asking questions, understanding when others are under pressure, and, without being intrusive, being interested in each other as people as well as work colleagues.
There are lots of other characteristics, but these help describe the sort of person that thrives on working here.